- The truth about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- The CDC reports that the national rate of children identified with ASD is 1 in 36 children
- The prevalence of ASD in US Children increased 119.4% over 10 years
- NJ has the highest rate of ASD in the nation: 1 in 34 or 3% of 8 vear-old-children are identified
- According to a 2020 CDC report, 5.4 million people age 18 and older (lin 45 people) have an Autism spectrum condition.
- Over the next decade, an estimated 707,000 to 1,116,000 teens EACH YEAR will enter adulthood and age out of school based autism services
- The cost of caring for Americans with autism had reached $268 billion in 2015 and would rise to $461 billion by 2025 in the absence of more-effective interventions and support across the life span.
- The majority of autism's costs in the U.S. are for adult services - an estimated $175 to $196
- billion a year, compared to $61 to $66 billion a year for children.
- In June 2014, only 19.3 percent of people with disabilities in the U.S. were participating in the labor force - working or seeking work. Of those, 12.9 percent were unemployed, meaning only 16.8 percent of the population with disabilities was employed.
- Only 16% of adults with ASD have a full-time job. Most autistic adults with a job receive pay that places them well below the poverty level
The Achieve Academy for Adults with Autism
Our fundraising goal is: $5,000,000
Funds raised will contribute to:
- Building renovation and design
- Program supplies
- Transportation services
- Furniture and equipment
- Scholarships and financial assistance for families
Contact Us for More Information on Becoming a Sponsor!